PIP 029: Building the Necessary Skills for Your Dream Job through Volunteerism
He works with the WIkimedia Foundation in the capacity of the Global Coordinator of the Wikipedia Library and serves as a member of the drafting committee for the Movement Strategy of the Wikimedia Foundation and a member of the Advisory Committee of Global Network Strategy for Creative Commons. He is a fanatic of technology and strong advocate for volunteerism.
- Builds dynamic skills and ensures exposure as compared to a job that expects you to play just a role in an institution.
- The ability to easily be moved into another role because it is not based on formal experience.
- The ability to leave and try newer options.
- Avoids wasting wait time and ensures productive use of one’s time and efforts in trade of new skills.
- You can actually be paid for volunteerism even though that might not be in the initial agreement.
- Volunteerism saves lives and puts a smile on someone’s else’s face.”
Subscribe to Personal Innovation Podcast on iTunes, stitcher, tunedin, souncloud and other podcasting platforms because theres more to come.
Subscribe to receive regular updates from www.personalinnovationhub.com , follow me on twitter @SirEricSeyramA and on Facebook: facebook.com/personalinnovationhub.
Be different, Stand out and shine to the world